1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

President Barack Obama's Inaugural Address by David Bergman - NEW VERSION FOR PRINT by David Bergman

Want to add this gigapan to your favorites? Log In or Sign Up now.

About This Gigapan

Toggle
Taken by
David Bergman David Bergman
Explore score
Size
1.57 Gigapixels
Views
Date added
Feb 16, 2009
Date taken
Jan 20, 2009
Categories

Galleries
Competitions
Tags
Description

I made this Gigapan image from the north press platform during President Obama's inaugural address at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC on January 20, 2009. It's made up of 220 images. The original image size is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels. This new version is 56,646 X 27,788 or 1.57 gigapixels.

This is a NEW VERSION of my inauguration gigapan image. This one is being used to make prints as most of the stitching errors from the original have been corrected.

** PRINTS OF THIS IMAGE ARE AVAILABLE HERE:
www.ObamaGigapan.com Will open in a new tab or window
The original version can be seen here:
www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id=15374
For more information and to get on my mailing list, send a blank email to:
pano (at) davidbergman (dot) net

Gigapan Comments (8)

Toggle Minimize gigapan_comment
  1. PU1JFC

PU1JFC (October 31, 2010, 04:34PM )

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★   5 Stars    -    Greetings...!   -   Congratulations for this Gigapan!  -   PU1JFC cruzradio.blogspot.com Will open in
a new tab or window  -   "The Lord bless thee and keep thee..." - Nm 6.

2. David Engle

David Engle (May 11, 2009, 01:25PM )

Nonamer290, Its a nice jpg, but not great... I'm looking for one of Bergman taking this GigaPan and of President Obama... a graphic file where you can easily see both of them... you have to know that there exists such an animal, but we will never see it :) Thanks for the link

3. nonamer290

nonamer290 (May 11, 2009, 12:13PM )

Digital Globe took satellite imagery at the same time. You can see the crowd at the capitol, moving vans at the whitehouse, and crowds of people at the washington monument. www.digitalglobe.com/downloads/fea tured_images/dc_inauguration_jan20_2009_dgl.jpg&nb sp;Will
open in a new tab or window

4. David Engle

David Engle (February 17, 2009, 10:19AM )

Thanks for geocoding... now you have something really extraordinary :)

5. David Bergman

David Bergman (February 17, 2009, 09:43AM )

Image has been goecoded. As for liking stitching errors - that's why I left both versions online. But I wanted a "pristine" version also available as a historical document.

6. Jason Buchheim

Jason Buchheim (February 16, 2009, 10:03AM )

Obama's first, pre-election appearance on Gigapan can be viewed here www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id= 9651I took it while he was campaigning in Clearwater, Florida. It was quite a warmer day. Jason Buchheim (gigapans @ www.gigapan.org/viewProfile.php?use rid=414)www.odysseyexpeditions.com 

7. The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661"

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (February 16, 2009, 09:21AM )

But I *like* stitching errors - they are part and parcel of what gigapanography is all about. Consider, for example: www.gigapan.org/searchSnapshotsList .php?keywords=munster.

8. David Engle

David Engle (February 16, 2009, 07:34AM )

Please Geocode this so that we can see it in Google Earth... the instructions can be found: www.gigapan.org/viewProfile.php?use rid=5296You have a wonderful panorama, but by placing it in Google Earth, it becomes spectacular. It Google Earth we will see a curved panorama on a curved surface...

The GigaPan EPIC Series, Purchase an GigaPan EPIC model and receive GigaPan Stitch complimentary

Where in the World is this GigaPan?

Toggle

Member Log In